Discovery Primacy Science & Maths Award
This year St Patrick’s Primary School are delighted to announce that we have achieved our 3rd Discovery Primary Science and Maths Award.
See all our photos and investigations here.
This award focuses on all of our science and maths achievements. It is based on five sections.
- Science – We are assessed on our participation in science investigations and on our science week activities.
- Technology –The children set up their own blog for the DPSMA. You can see it here.
- Engineering – We participated in Engineer’s Week and interviewed a software engineer.
- Maths – We incorporate maths into our science investigations.
- Stemshowcase – Our showcase this year was based on paper airplanes.
The whole school has been working hard to obtain the plaque of excellence and have had a lot of fun in the process.
We have enjoyed learning about engineering, visiting discovery centres, hosting workshops, going on maths trails, participating in science investigations and talking to engineers.
We have also learned lots about technology through blogging about our science knowledge, participating in skype interviews and learning how to code.
We have also incorporated our maths knowledge into our science experiments.