Recent winners of the prestigious ‘National Parents Council Innovation’ Award 2018.
The St. Pat’s Parents’ Association are a very committed group of parents who help with whole school events and to provide opportunities for the students at St. Pat’s.
The following are just some examples of how we assist the school principal, staff and parents in practical ways:
- We host speakers from the National Parents Council (NPC) on a range of subjects such as anti-bullying and children’s mental health.
- We provide refreshments on school open days and other occasions such as Grandparents’ Day, School Celebrations and Graduation Night.
- We’re actively involved in fundraising for the school. In the past few years, we’ve hosted raffles, quiz nights and a bingo night.
- We have a number of parents on our committee who volunteer weekly to run the school library.
- We have our own Facebook page called “St. Pat’s PA”.
We’ve also spearheaded various initiatives within the school.
- We assisted in the development of the Healthy Eating Policy.
- We also helped introduce a Health and Wellness week to help make the pupils are more aware of wellness in their lives.
If you’re interested in joining the committee, please contact any of us or send a private message to us on our Facebook page – St.Pat’s PA.
Parents Association Committee Members:
Chairperson: Jill Williams
Secretary: Deirdre Reddington
Treasurer: Mary Kennedy
Geeshani Cooray, Mary Hernon, Pauline Murray, Stephania Wall, Jill Williams, Eithne Barrett, Fidelma Scarry, Dorota Bencheikh