Park’n’Stride allows parents to park in nearby designated car parks free of charge (where charges normally apply) for a short period of time, while they collect their children to and from school.
The following local Car Parks take part in the Park & Stride Scheme:
- Galway Shopping Centre
- Dyke Road Car Park
- Woodquay Car Park
- Cathedral Car Park
- Bowling Green Car Park
- Mill Street Car Park
- Galway Harbour Company
- Claddagh Hall Car Park
- Cresent Court (Nestors Supervalu)
What are the terms and conditions?
- The Park’n’Stride sticker must be displayed inside the front windshield of your car
- Parking spaces are only available on a ‘first come-first served basis’
- Parking before and after the designated times must be paid for (where charges normally apply)
- Cars parked before and after these times, which do not display a paid ticket (where charges normally apply) will be subject to charges or a fine by a Warden (City Council Car Parks)
- Please park in a safe manner allowing sufficient space for children to enter and leave vehicles safely
- Stickers are for the use of schools only and are not transferable
- Different coloured stickers will issue at the beginning of each school year
- Each of the participating carparks can also be used as Drop’n’Hop locations i.e. to drop off or collect older children capable of independent travel to school
How can I take part in Park’n’Stride?
Simply complete and return the registration form which you can get from the school office or Galway City Council. You will then receive a Park’n’Stride sticker to display inside the front windshield of your car. Then you simply park your car in one of the participating car parks during the designated times and Park’n’Stride with your children to and from school.
Designated Parking Times at Participating Car Parks
Morning: 8.30am to 9.30am – 1 hour maximum stay.
Afternoon: Between 1:00pm and 4:00pm – 1 hour maximum stay.
Who can I contact about Park’n’Stride?
For further information, please contact:
Galway Transportation Unit,
Galway City Council,
Tel: (091) 894328