The second theme in the Green Schools Programme is Energy. After a great deal of hard work undertaken by all children in the school we were awarded this flag on the 4th of May 2017.
The Green Schools Committee set the following goals:
- Reduce units of electricity used in school by 10%
- Turn it off campaign- no whiteboards or lights to be left on during break/lunch.
- Raise awareness of energy consumption
- Install energy saving bulbs and fire alarms in all classrooms
- Reduce the temperature of the heat and duration the heat is left on for.